The past few months have been busy on the Urban Water Management Plan front as the Civiltec Monrovia team tackles six of them at once!
- San Antonio Water Company (Upland area) – awarded March 6, 2015
- City of La Verne – awarded Dec 8, 2015
- Orchard Dale Water District (Whittier area) – awarded Jan 4, 2016
- Sunny Slope Water Company (Pasadena area) – awarded Feb 1, 2016
- Walnut Valley Water District (Walnut area) – awarded Feb 29, 2016
- Cucamonga Valley Water District (Rancho Cucamonga area) – awarded March 8, 2016
The state of California requires all water districts and agencies to renew their UWMPs every 5 years; the last round was completed in 2010 so the 2015 versions are now due. These water planning documents project water use for the future and also outline contingency plans for dealing with drought conditions or other issues that could impact water supply.
Civiltec Project Manager Greg Ripperger is leading on these six Urban Water Management Plans, supported by Gretel Ochoa, Atenas Reynaga, and Lindsey Ly who are working on the writing, analysis, and formatting/compiling respectively.
“We are well on track to complete these reports by late May in time for these six water agencies to submit to the state Department of Water Resources before the start of the next fiscal year on July 1, 2016,” said Ripperger. “A big thanks to Gretel, Atenas and Lindsey for their attention to detail on these reports–as we continue to deal with severe drought conditions in the state, these documents have huge positive impacts for Southern California communities.”