Civiltec is excited to announce our involvement in Monrovia’s upcoming Station Square Transit Village project.
With the scheduled arrival of the Gold Line light-rail extension in 2015, Monrovia is poised to develop and enhance the area known as the Station Square Transit Village Planned Development Area. This eighty acre area is generally located north of Duarte Road, east of Magnolia Avenue, south of Evergreen Avenue, and west of Shamrock Avenue.
The proposed improvements will consist of the following five project elements:
- Station Square Transit Village: The open space plazas and spaces on the north side of the Gold Line tracks will provide pedestrian flow and circulation. The area will include a multi-use trail along the rail alignment from Magnolia Avenue to Myrtle Avenue and incorporate sustainable design features.
- Streets & Public Way: Roadway improvements will be made to Duarte Road, Magnolia Avenue, Myrtle Avenue, California Avenue, Peck Road and Primrose Avenue including street trees, storm water management, landscaped medians and bulb-outs, energy efficient street lighting, way finding signage and traffic signals.
- Freeway Beautification: Includes the freeway frontage road and underpass enhancements from Magnolia Avenue to Mountain Avenue.
- Utilities Undergrounding: Undergrounding of existing aerial utilities along portions of Magnolia Avenue, Duarte Road, Myrtle Avenue and California Avenue.
- Santa Fe Depot Improvements: Includes upgrades and improvements to building infrastructure and systems to achieve a base building space for future rehabilitation and tenant improvements by others.
Civiltec’s official role, in conjunction with engineering power house IBI Group, was outlined in Monrovia’s City Council Agenda Report for May 7, 2013. Civiltec will provide crucial local expertise in the following key portions of the project:
- design and documents for the Station Square Transit Village public spaces
- the public trail (Magnolia to Primrose)
- Primrose street improvements and bus areas
- Peck Road improvements and site improvements adjacent to the Santa Fe depot
- Construction Management services for all project elements including pre-construction reviews and on-site CM and inspection services during construction.
As a Monrovia-based business, Civiltec is excited to be on board with the Station Square Transit Village project, and to help make the council’s vision for the city’s future become a reality.