What’s the difference between working in a very large firm, and a more entrepreneurial environment like CIVILTEC? In a more entrepreneurial firm, you get recognized quickly, you’re trusted with more responsibility sooner, you’re thrown into more complex projects, and you get to see a larger scope of the project. We’re nimble, move quickly, and are seeking a Staff Engineer to join our dynamic team!
Essential Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications for general civil engineering, drainage engineering, water engineering, wastewater engineering and transportation engineering projects for both public and private sector clients.
- Assists in the preparation of calculations associated with storm drains, wastewater projects, water systems, earthwork quantities, cost estimates and other supporting documentation for public and private projects.
- Performs plan design, drafting and publishing using Civil3D and ArcGIS software. Working knowledge of the current version of Civil3D and ArcGIS is a must. Performs basis GIS tasks including creating exhibits, spatial data functions, and small database analysis.
- May direct the work of CAD Technicians.
- Organize and maintain project files. Maintain neat and organized work area that allows efficient access to information required by other team members.
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Keep Project Managers informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ previous design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license.
- Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (Civil3D and ArcGIS).
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite programs, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Has the capacity to learn additional engineering software.
- Understanding of applicable design codes.
- Comprehensive math and physics skills
- Project planning and management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- AutoCAD and civil engineering software proficiency
This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify check.
- 100% Company Paid Health Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (enjoy the accrual of 3 weeks of PTO starting day 1)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Scheduling (we work on a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Tenure Recognition
- Personal and Professional Learning Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit civiltecengineering.recruitee.com.