We are seeking a full-time Project Engineer with at least five+ years’ experience in the field of civil engineering including, drainage, water, wastewater and transportation engineering for both public and private sector clients. The qualified candidate must have experience producing construction plans and documents from start to finish including survey data processing and base map development, utility research and conflict identification, and utility and roadway layout and design using Civil3D.
- Responsible for technical direction over a group of civil engineering designers.
- Directs and performs the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications for projects.
- Serves as a technical speciatist, staff advisor and design engineer for a variety of civil engineering projects including transportation, drainage and utility engineering with initial focus on site development engineering.
- Expertise using AutoCAD, Civi13D, ArcGlS, and other software packages associated with civil engineering design and analysis.
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production, codes and established design standards.
- Experience performing in-house QA reviews of staff member work prior to management reviews.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- Keep Project Managers informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Interact with clients on engineering design and any questions/problems they may have.
- Interact with vendors concerning equipment and materials they supply or propose to supply to the project.
- Site Development Engineering
- Utility Engineering
- Roadway Engineering
- Topographic Survey Processing
- Time Management
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling and Design
- Cost Estimating
- Report/Technicat Writing
- Construction Document Preparation
- Coordination with Vendors and Contractors
- Construction Administration/Support
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in California or the ability to acquire this license within one year of the hire date.
- Minimum 5+ years’ previous civil engineering experience.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Civiltec is normally open for business between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, except on every other Friday, Civiltec is closed by virtue of the approval of an alternative workweek schedule.
To apply for this job please visit civiltecengineering.recruitee.com.