Civiltec Engineering, Inc.
We are seeking a full-time Project Engineer with at least three years’ experience in the field of civil engineering including, drainage, water, wastewater and transportation engineering for both public and private sector clients. The qualified candidate must have experience producing construction plans and documents from start to finish including survey data processing and base map development, utility research and conflict identification, and utility and roadway layout and design using Civil3D.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas. Uses advanced techniques, theory precepts and practices in the civil engineering field and related sciences and disciplines. This position includes technical direction over a group of civil engineering designers and/or functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced civil engineering concepts.
- Directs and performs the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications for projects.
- Serves as a technical specialist, staff advisor and design engineer for a variety of civil engineering projects including transportation, drainage and utility engineering with initial focus on utility and/or pipeline engineering.
- Expertise using AutoCAD, Civil3D, ArcGIS, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, HEC-HMS, FLO-2D and other software packages associated with civil engineering design and analysis.
- Experience performing in-house QA reviews of staff member work prior to management reviews.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production, codes and established design standards.
- Keep Project Managers informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Interact with clients on engineering design and any questions/problems they may have.
- Interact with vendors concerning equipment and materials they supply or propose to supply to the project.
- Markets the firm’s capabilities within the community to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Performs other assigned related duties as requested.
- Utility Engineering
- Roadway Engineering
- Topographic Survey Processing
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling and Design
- Cost Estimating
- Report/Technical Writing
- Construction Document Preparation
- Coordination with Vendors and Contractors
- Construction Administration/Support
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
This position may supervise Staff Engineers, Designers and other staff.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Civiltec is normally open for business between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, except on every other Friday, Civiltec is closed by virtue of the approval of an alternative workweek schedule.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in Arizona or the ability to acquire this license within one year of the hire date.
- Minimum 3 years’ previous civil engineering experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit civiltecengineering.recruitee.com.