A Principal Engineer perform’s leadership tasks such as training staff, establishing budgets and assigning tasks and projects. Principal Engineers are considered the expert and authority of the firm.
- Leads team members to ensure they apply standard practices and techniques for all ongoing projects.
- Oversees, manages and assigns the project’s conception, design and specifications including the scheduling, estimating and securing of materials.
- Reviews the preparation of calculations, such as storm drain, wastewater, water system, hydrologist, earthwork quantities, transportation, cost estimates and other supporting documentation for public and private projects.
- Leads all team members through all areas, including engineering, office staff, marketing, and design.
- Assure that the teams are in accordance with company production, codes, and established standards.
- Conduct strategic planning for the firm.
- Sets and implements team and individual goals.
- Shares and mentors team members with their expertise and insight.
- Motivates team members and fosters collaboration among the teams and departments.
- Provide engineering guidance to all teams
- Train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
- Utility and Pipeline Engineering
- Topographic Survey Processing
- Cost Estimating
- Report/Technical Writing
- Construction Document Preparation
- Coordination with Vendors and Contractors
- Construction Administration/Support
- Hydraulic Design
- Cost Estimating
- Strong leadership skill
- Field Studies and Site Analysis
- Environmental permit application preparation and negotiation
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Human Resource knowledge and experience
This position may supervise all team members on site.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Civiltec is normally open for business between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, except on every other Friday, Civiltec is closed by virtue of the approval of an alternative workweek schedule.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer.
- Minimum 15+ years’ previous engineering experience.
- Understanding in computer operation for engineering design programs and AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office suite programs, specifically Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook. Has the capacity to learn additional engineering software.
- Understanding of applicable engineering codes.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Proficient in the design of water and wastewater treatment plants.
To apply for this job please visit civiltecengineering.recruitee.com.