Civiltec Engineering, Inc.
The Party Chief drafts survey documents, manages timelines, and cooperates with clients, contractors, and field / office personnel. They perform field surveys, including data collection, staking for construction, and boundary surveys. They work closely with the Survey Manager to train department staff, establish new company procedures, and assist with project scoping and proposals.
Essential Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Adjust and operate survey equipment
- Process field notes, sketches, checklists, and digital data
- Upload and download data and maintain related records
- Draft line work in AutoCAD from collected survey data
- Research legal and survey records to obtain information about property boundaries
- Perform field surveys and construction staking.
- Resolve boundaries using appropriate boundary and legal principles
- Develop project scopes and schedules
- Field experience in all types of land surveying
- Experience in computing and staking of construction projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
This position does not require supervision of other employees at this time.
This job operates in a professional office environment and in the field on location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and video conferencing. The Staff Land Surveyor must also operate a motor vehicle with a valid license, and use survey equipment such as GPS rovers, total stations, level rods, shovels and hammers.
This position includes field survey, with work in extreme temperatures and inclement weather. It requires walking long distances over rough terrain, carrying loads up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Civiltec is normally open for business between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, except on every other Friday, Civiltec is closed by virtue of the approval of an alternative workweek schedule.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- College Degree in Surveying or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years field / office surveying experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of California State, Arizona State, and Federal survey standards and administrative codes
- Comprehensive knowledge of Civil3D and AutoCAD
- Extensive knowledge of Trimble Business Center
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office suite programs, specifically Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- LSIT certification preferred not required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Drone pilot commercial certification not required, but is a plus
- MSHA certification is not required, but must be obtained within 6 months of hire
To apply for this job please visit civiltecengineering.recruitee.com.